Monday, August 3, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today...  Monday, August 3, 2015

Outside my window... Already warm but overcast and calm.  It is supposed to be a scorcher today.

I am thinking... That I am glad my guys were able to get my laptop upgraded to Microsoft 10 after 4 days of working on it.

I am thankful for....  The fact that the people I work with are great.

From the kitchen...

~Monday: BBQ Steak, Pasta Salad, Corn on the Cob
~Tuesday: Hubby Cooks
~Wednesday: Out
~Thursday:  Hubby Cooks
~Friday: Camping - Hot Dogs over the fire
~Saturday: Family BBQ
~Sunday: Spaghetti & Meat Sauce, Tossed Salad

I am wearing... Black maxi skirt and a loose dark pink top

I am creating... A daily working journal

I am reading... "The Prodigal Daughter" by Jeffrey Archer

I am praying for...  My Uncle who is experiencing health problems

Pondering these words... The Indonesian phrase gotong-royong (got-ong roi-ong) communicates that when people come together “to carry a heavy burden,” the burden is lightened because it is shared.

I am hoping... That we have good weather for our weekend camping

I am hearing... Typing, papers being moved, talking in the background (yes, I am working on this during class - lol)

One of my favorite things... Learning new things

A few plans for the rest of the week...

~Monday:  School and work
~Tuesday:  School, office work, get the trailer ready for camping
~Wednesday: School, errands, coffee with daughter, small group
~Thursday:  School and work
~Friday:  School and then heading out for a weekend of camping in the mountains
~Saturday: Camping and hopefully some kayaking
~Sunday: Heading home

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

~Hubby took this photo while we were in the mountains~

 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

14 comments:

  1. Your week sounds full, but enjoyable! Your menus sound delicious as always. I wanted to also mention to you that I am no longer blogging. God works in mysterious ways. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely week...The Indonesian phrase is very true :) Beautiful photo your husband took!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post, Alana! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your picture is beautiful. My husband would have loved to see that--is it a moose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it was a deer :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love this post... and I like the idea of prompts to help us slow down and think about what shapes our days. The photo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alana!! You were typing this in class???!!! Oh you naughty girl! I love your photo and can't wait to see camping photos, I hope you have a great time with nice weather! It sounds like you deserve a nice break, you are so busy! I really enjoy reading your posts! Have a super time away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellie! Won't be doing too much typing in class for the next few weeks ;) lol

      Delete
  7. Camping is a lot of fun, I agree. Your blog is an entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!