Monday, December 1, 2014

Slow Cooker Potato Soup


Winter has arrived with force and with it's arrival
also comes soup season at our home.
This is a quick soup to put together which I love.


Ingredients
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups frozen cubed hash browns
1 pkg (85g) fully cooked real bacon bits
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
 1 can low sodium cream of chicken soup
2 cloves garlic, minced
dash pepper
1 (250g) pkg cream cheese
green onion, chopped


Chop onions and add to slow cooker.
Add  frozen hash browns and bacon bits.
Mix together in separate bowl the
chicken broth, cream of chicken soup,
garlic and dash of pepper.
Pour over onions & bacon bits in slow cooker.
Cook on low 4-1/2 hours.
Add cream cheese and mix well.
Cook on low for 30 minutes.
Garnish with chopped green onions.


Enjoy! 


 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. What a heartwarming soup, Alana, and perfect for a cold day! I'd love a big bowl of this for my dinner.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for sharing, I'll be making this right away. We are soup folks this time of year. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup on a cold wintery day! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my that sounds so good Alana. I will have to give that a try. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love potato soup but have never made it in the crockpot. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog header! I put soup in the slow cooker yesterday too! That recipe sounds very warm and cozy!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! Soup is such a great meal this time of year :)

      Delete
  6. I love soups this time of year, and yours looks wonderful!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alana - oh my, love potato soup!!!! The little sandwiches you served look yummy as well. I am making Chicken Enchilada Soup tomorrow - love this time of year. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken Enchilada Soup sounds delicious! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. I love soup in the winter. I have heard of a recipe using hashbrowns, but never tried it. Pinning yours. I made turkey soup last night with homemade noodles. It was yummy!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup is the best! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!